It’s hotter than a hot pepper in the middle of the Sahara. So what better time to pretend that cooler weather has arrived than to start your Spooky Season prep? I scored some awesome arcs that are due to come out this fall and I am super excited to get started reading them. Now if you remember my posts from last year, I am a certified scaredy cat. But that just means I won’t be reading at bedtime for a little while.
What books are you excited to read this August?
August Read Goals Hopeful List
- The Undead Truth of Us by Britney S. Lewis: A YA novel that explores love and zombies. Pub Date: Aug. 9, 2022 (This a carryover from my July Reading list. Check out my Blog Tour stop for this one on Saturday, August 27, 2022. )
- The Weight of Blood by Tiffany D. Jackson: After reading White Smoke last year, I’m ready for this one! Still going to read it in the day time though. Pub Date: Sept. 6, 2022
- The Witchery by S. Isabelle: “This book is Ninth House meets The Craft, and follows a group of young witches discovering their powers…and finding the key to breaking a deadly curse.” Pub Date: July 26, 2022
- A Taste of Magic by J. Elle : “A magical new series about a Black girl who learns she’s a witch and must save her inner-city magic school from closing.” Pub Date: Aug. 30, 2022
- StarChild by Ibi Zoboi: “A biography in verse and prose of science fiction visionary Octavia Butler, author of Parable of the Sower and Kindred.” Since I started reading the graphic novel adaptations, I thought I would learn some more about the author. Pub Date: Jan. 25, 2022
- Ain’t That a Mother: Postpartum, Palsy, and Everything in Between by Adiba Nelson: I already started the audiobook for this one and I’ve already spit my drink out a few times from unexpected laughter. Pub Date: May 3, 2022
- Banned Books: The World’s Most Controversial Books, Past and Present: I started this one the other night too. I was learning something new with every book. There were some books that I never even knew had been banned before! Pub Date: Aug. 30, 2022
What Spooky Season Prep are you doing before the weather gets cooler? Put your recs in the comments!