This post contains affiliate links you can use to purchase the book. If you buy the book using that link, I will receive a small commission from the sale.
As we transition from the longest month ever to the shortest month in the calendar, I am a little behind schedule for putting together my February Reading Hopefuls List. This month is packed full of celebration… Black History Month, Valentine’s Day, President’s Day and the most important of all…My Birthday!!! So anything goes for this reading list! I plan to have fun in February!
I have one book tour and the rest is open territory folks! Let the mood reader in me shine bright beneath the Aquarius sky!
February Reading Hopeful List
This is my preliminary plan.
- Black Panther: Spellbound by Ronald Smith (Book Tour): This is the sequel to Black Panther: The Young Prince. You can check out my thoughts here on my Feb. 9 Book Tour Stop for Rockstar Book Tours.
- Passing by Nella Larsen: This story has gained popularity since Netflix released it’s movie. I’ve had my copy in my personal library since college, so I thought it would be great time to finally read it.
- Black Girls Must Die Exhausted by Jayne Allen: This is book one in the previously released series by Jayne Allen. I’m excited to jump into it.
- The Three Mothers by Anna Malaika Tubbs: This book caught my eye this past summer. I’ve always been interested in learning more about Malcolm X’s mother. This book focuses on the mothers of Martin Luther King, Jr., Malcolm X and James Baldwin.
- Legendborn by Tracy Deonn (Possible whole book re-read) Really just focused on the new bonus chapters in the paperback!
That’s my initial list. But I’m sure I will add on a romance or a graphic novel before the month is over. So stay tuned for updates on my mood reading fun in February!
Are you going to engage in any mood reading fun in February?