August is a busy month for me because I am preparing for back to school. So when I made my TBR list, I purposely made it shorter than usual. For my August Reading Wrap-up, I read 2 of the 3 books I had on my list. I am currently in the middle of my 3rd one. Check out my post, Wrapping Up #HotReadsSummer With My August TBR List to see why I chose the books on my list.
Planned TBR Books Completed:
- 📚 Legendborn by Tracy Deonn – Currently my favorite fiction book of 2021. Cannot wait for the sequel to come out in 2022. Check out my review, 5 Reasons You Will Love Legendborn by Tracy Deonn.
- 📚 White Smoke by Tiffany D. Jackson – So so good. My review will be posted closer to it’s release date on September 14, 2021, but you can check out my reactions while reading in this post, Friday Night Highlights: White Smoke by Tiffany D. Jackson Has Me Shook
- How the Word is Passed by Clint Smith – This book was phenomenal! A historical book that feels like a memoir that was written with poetic style. Once I process, my review will be posted.
- The AfroMinimalist’s Guide to Living With Less by Christine Platt – I’m really vibing with her approach. She begins with the psychology and then moves to actual removal of stuff. Key Takeaway so far: It’s okay to do it your way instead of trying to conform to a set of minimalist rules.
Okay so if you haven’t noticed, there has been a trend in my end of month wrap-ups. I start out with list and end up subbing out two or more books for new ones that caught my eye. Yes, I am indeed a mood reader. 🤷🏽♀️
So I am thinking about making this section of my wrap-ups a regular one as I share which books hijacked my TBR list. For this month, I finally fell into my curiosity of A Court of Thorns and Roses series after hearing about it all over Bookstagram. On a whim, I put a hold on the first book in Libby. There was a long waitlist so I didn’t expect to hear back anytime soon. But then I received the notification last weekend and that was all folks.
- 📚A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas – It got me hooked. I can’t lie about that. Check out my post, 10 Musings On How A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas Hijacked My TBR for my review.
- 📚A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas – It gave me New Moon vibes in the beginning, but I stayed with it. Check out my review, 10 Thoughts on A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas.
Have you read any of these books? If you have let me know your thoughts in the comments!