I received this book for free from in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
This post contains affiliate links you can use to purchase the book. If you buy the book using that link, I will receive a small commission from the sale.
My June Reading Goals are going to center two genres I love to read: romance and graphic novels. It’s the end of the school year. (Yes, we still have a week and a half of school left here!) My attention span has been short and my focus all of over the place for the past two months. I’ve shifted to leaning on audiobooks more recently to help with my need to multitask.
Special thanks to following publishers for providing gifted copies included in my June Reading Goals list: Little Brown & Company/Poppy Books, Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers, Harper Collins, Legendary Comics YA, Algonquin Young Readers and Grand Central Publishing
Centering Black Love
This month I was gifted three books that feature Black love! So I am excited to read these lovely romances- two young adult and one adult. I’ve secured the audiobook for Love Radio. I hope to do the same for Seven Days in June since they are both released already. Love Times Infinity just arrived in the mail and I already flipped through it and am ready to start reading. So the biggest debate right now for me is which one will I start with first!
I Heart Graphic Novels
I love graphic novels! It is always interesting to see how differently a story can be told in visual format. Graphic novels have been a highlight in my reading experiences lately. I enjoy te visuals and that they can be devoured in one day or less. One future goal I have is to begin comparing the graphic novel adaptations to the original version. I want to see what components the adaptor focused on versus what details were just left for the traditional book.
June Reading Goals
- Love Times Infinity by Lane Clarke: This is a YA love story that addresses identity, family and love. Pub Date: July 26, 2022
- Love Radio by Ebony LaDelle: A YA romance between a Detroit DJ and an aspiring writer. Pub Date: May 31, 2022
- Seven Days in June by Tia Williams: An adult romance between two authors who have met before and are rekindling their love in steamy 7-day stint in New York City. Pub Date: June 1, 2021
- Octavia Butler’s Parable of the Sower Adapted by Damian Duffy and John Jennings: A dystopian novel of America’s future in which environmental and economic crises lead to social chaos. Pub Date: Jan. 28, 2020
- Slip by Marika McCoola: An emotional coming-of-age graphic novel. Pub Date: June 7, 2022
- Enola Holmes: Mycroft’s Dangerous Game Story by Nancy Springer, Written by Mickey George: An adventurous follow up to where the Netflix movie left off. Pub Date: Aug. 23, 2022
- Aldous Huxley’s Brave New World adapted and illustrated by Fred Fordham: A dystopian novel that is a darkly satirical imagining of America in the future, written in 1932. Pub Date: April 19, 2022
Are you reading any of these titles or do you have them on your TBR? Let me know in the comments!
Looking for more book recommendations? Check out my May Reading Goals: Will it be a Mega Reads May?
Will you be joining us for the #MGReadathon on July 14-17? I’m hoping gathering all of the #MGLit bloggers will help increase participation in MMGM and IMWAYR.
More details here:
Sure! I’d love to join in the fun! Thanks for the info!