This is why you should probably give yourself a few weeks into the year before making any New Year’s resolutions. Because if I had, hypothetically speaking, made a resolution about reading more from my bookshelf and backlist I would already be behind the game.
All of the books I have lined up from January are new or soon to be published. But I am looking forward to every single one of them. I do however, plan to start adding at least one bookshelf or backlist book to my hopefuls list each month as a new rule.
This month I will be on a ton of book tours and the books are amazing! So keep a lookout for my reviews and features.
Also since this is mid-January…I starred the books I’ve already read. 😏
January Reading Hopefuls List
- Cool. Awkward. Black edited by Karen Strong*
- You So Black by Theresa Tha S.O.N.G.B.I.R.D. and illustrated by London Ladd* (Children’s Book Review: You So Black by Theresa the S.O.N.G.B.I.R.D.
- How to Keep House While Drowning: A Gentle Approach to Cleaning and Organizing by Kc Davis*
- We Are Here by Tami Charles and illustrated by Bryan Collier
- A Mighty Long Way(Adapted for Young Readers): My Journey to Justice at Little Rock Central High School by Carlotta Walls LaNier with Lisa Frazier Page
- Reggie and Delilah’s Year of Falling by Elise Bryant
- Delicious Monsters by Liselle Sambury
Leave a Reply