I was very ambitious with my October Reading Goals. Thanks to some very good spooky thriller/horror novels that I included, I was on a roll for the most of the month. This month’s Reading Wrap-up includes the five books that I read. It was also a month of awesome book releases.
October Reads List
I finished the following books in October. The first two were for book tours. The second two were for spooky season and the last one was a read that I couldn’t wait to get my hands on. Click on the links to check out the reviews from October’s Reading Wrap-up!
- The Throwback List by Lily Anderson: If you are a 20-something you will relate and like this book.
- The Secret Garden on 81st Street by Ivy Noelle Weir and Amber Padilla: Retelling of The Secret Garden in graphic novel format.
- Bad Witch Burning by Jessica Lewis: Magic, anger and survival. Love this book!
- Within These Walls by Lauren Blackwood: Solid debut novel. Rochester’s house was big scary, but the heroine is a fave.
- The Me I Choose to Be by Natasha Tarpley and Photography by Regis & Kahran Bethencourt: This children’s book is absolutely beautiful. Definitely should be an automatic add to your gift list this year.
- Bibliophile: Diverse Spines (Releases Nov. 2, 2021- Don’t forget to come back for my review!) Definitely going to be a go-to reference book for adding to my TBR and learning about all things diverse and bookish!
- My Monticello by by Jocelyn Nicole Johnson: These are some good short stories. It kind of got pushed to the side by my book tour and spooky reads books. But I plan to set aside some time in November to finish it.
- Ring Shout by P. Djèlí Clark: I know I said I would be finished with this one, but I got distracted listening to the audiobook (yes, I fell asleep after a long week of errands and kid-chasing) So I have to go back to re-read a huge chunk.
What were your favorite reads this October?
Leave a Reply