This month is going to be a toss up for my September reading goals. It is back to school time and the first month back can be quite hectic. But that doesn’t mean I will necessarily read fewer books. But it does mean that it could be a double or nothing situation. On one side, I could get swamped with new routines and obligations or on the other side I could take more opportunities for self-care by slipping into a few books.
This month I am trying something new that may provide me with some good motivation. I will be joining some book tours! I will post the date next to the title so you can stop by and check out the review on the tour date!
Either way I’ve got some books on my TBR pile that I am excited about. I’ve already mentioned a few in my post on 10 September Books to Add To Your Wish List. You can check out some of my commentary on those choices in that post.
Well, here is to a new school year and a new monthly reading goals list! Let the bookmarks take their places and the reading begin!
September TBR List
- So Many Beginnings by Bethany C. Morrow (Sept. 12 Book Tour Stop)
- The Bones of Ruin by Sarah Raughley (Sept. 15 Book Tour Stop)
- We Can: Portraits of Power by Tyler Gordon (Sept. 26 Book Tour Stop)
- Wild Tongues Can’t Be Tamed: 15 Voices from the Latinx Diaspora Edited by Saraciea J. Fennell
- Black Nerd Problems by William Evans; Omar Holmon
- Bad Witch Burning by Jessica Lewis
Still Reading from August TBR
- The AfroMinimalist’s Guide to Living With Less by Christine Platt
Good luck to all of the parents and teachers out there who are managing new back to school routines and trying to maintain some inner peace! You are not alone!
Are any of these books on your reading list for September? Let me know!