It was a book tour kind of month for my September Reading Goals.
I recently decided to dive into book tours and I was not disappointed. It definitely got me reading books that I might not have picked up right away. The deadlines also helped me stay on task with my reading goals. The only drawback was that it put mood reading on the back burner because of the obligations I agreed to fulfil with reading and posting on specific books. There were a few that came out that I’ve been really excited about, but I will finish reading them in October most likely.
I have also survived the first month of school and my TBR did not take any unusual hits to it. Although I did fall straight asleep a few times as I tried to do my bedtime reading. If you are interested in why I chose these books check out my post September Reading Goals: School Routines, Obligations and Books…Oh My!!!
Planned September TBR Books Read:
- 📚 So Many Beginnings: A Little Women Remix by Bethany C. Morrow (Sept. 12 Book Tour Stop) – This is the Little Women Remix that I needed. If you want Black joy, check this one out!
- 📚 The Bones of Ruin by Sarah Raughley (Sept. 15 Book Tour Stop) – Definitely a fan of this YA Fantasy. Looking forward to the next book in the series!
- 📚 We Can: Portraits of Power by Tyler Gordon (Sept. 26 Book Tour Stop)- Super inspirational for kids who want to become artists, or those who have been bullied. Also informative about the iconic figures he has painted.
Still Reading From Original TBR List:
- Black Nerd Problems by William Evans; Omar Holmon – I started this one a while back and began jumping around to the various essays. So it won’t take me long once I focus on reading it all the way through.
Mood Read Additions Read:
- 📚 Simon B. Rhymin by Dwayne Reed – Great audiobook! This was a kid’s choice for after school car rides. We are currently on our second read, because they want to listen to it again.
- 📚 When We Make It by Elisabet Velasquez – This was a fantastic read and I highly recommend the audiobook to accompany your reading.
Mood Read Additions- Still Reading:
- Ring Shout by P. Djèlí Clark – Super good!, I’m almost finished with this novella. It was a great rec from another Bookstagrammer.
Moving to Next Month’s Reading Goals List
- Bad Witch Burning by Jessica Lewis – I’m excited to read this and to be honest it might be a better candidate for an October spooky reads anyways.
- Wild Tongues Can’t Be Tamed: 15 Voices from the Latinx Diaspora Edited by Saraciea J. Fennell – Essays take a lot of focus for me when I read them, so I decided to move it to either October or November. It also had a publication release date change so I might align my reading to that too.
How did you do with your reading goals this month? Have you read any of these books or plan too? If you have let me know your thoughts in the comments!