There was a lot going on in February, but I managed to still read at least 5 books for my February Reading Goals. Even though only one of them was on my original reading hopefuls list, I’m still happy. I am a mood reader after all and that is exactly what I pledged to do this month. Plus sometimes you get a hold in from the library and it takes priority!
Three out of the five books were graphic novels. I seem to be on a kick with these lately. I love the storytelling possibilities they provide.
Books I finished:
- Black Panther: Spellbound by Ronald L. Smith
- Between Shades of Gray: The Graphic Novel adapted by Andrew Donkin
- Huda F Are You? by Huda Fahmy
- Amazons, Abolitionists and Activists by Mikki Kendall
- The Founders Unmasked by Jennifer Sabin
- Re-read: Legendborn by Tracy Deonn
Books That Will Move Onto My March Hopefuls:
- Passing by Nella Larsen
- Black Girls Must Die Exhausted by Jayne Allen
- The Three Mothers by Anna Malaika Tubbs
Books That I’m Still Reading: (Due to life or library loan interruptions)
- The Cooking Gene by Michael Twitty
- Shoutin’ in the Fire by Dante Stewart
- Black Birds in the Sky by Brandy Colbert (audiobook)
What was your favorite read from February?